More anti-life bills in the Illinois House of Representatives……
HB 4247 mandates that there be at least one vending machine on each public university campus containing ‘emergency contraception.’ HB 4221 mandates that limited ‘pregnancy care centers’ post signs in languages spoken by over 10% of those in area in large print noting that facility is not licensed by the state and has no certified medical professionals to assist with medical services such as sonograms and counseling, etc. Allows the Attorney General to bring civil action as well as an individual to bring civil claims for violation of the Act upon notice.
FYI……Abortion Facilities do not have to licensed by the state of Illinois! And there’s more…………………..
While the physicians assisted suicide bill failed to get into the house of reps this term, they getting closer to it. Check this one out!
A bad bill called the Nursing Homes-POLST Forms (HB5048) is currently in committee. This bill will require certain patients to be provided the “Practitioner’s Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment” (POLST) form, regardless of whether they can understand it. This comes after last year’s bill that removed the requirement that a witness sign the form. This is one more step towards pressuring vulnerable patients to sign their life-sustaining treatment away. Learn more about this bill here. Anyone who is a resident of Illinois and at least 13 can file a “witness slip” to express their opposition to this bill.
There is a short window to submit a witness slip. It takes less than five minutes. Representatives use witness slips as a measure of public opinion.
Please take these steps:
- Open the link for HB5048 (here)
- Fill in your information. Put “Self” in three fields:
- Persons, groups, firms represented in this appearance
- Under Position, click opponent
- Under Testimony, click “Record Of Appearance Only”
- Click “I Agree to the ILGA Terms of Agreement”
- Click button Create(Slip)
HB5048 will require certain patients to be provided the “Practitioner’s Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment” (POLST) form, regardless of whether they can understand it. This comes after last year’s bill that removed the requirement that a witness sign the form. This is one more step towards pressuring vulnerable patients to sign their life-sustaining treatment away.
- This bill makes it so that facilities licensed under the Nursing Home Care Act must offer POLST-appropriate residents or their representatives an opportunity to execute the POLST form within specified time periods.
- The bill requires that the offer to provide the POLST form shall be made by a facility staff member, healthcare practitioner, or a “community partner.” The bill does not define “community partner” or why that person is qualified to hand a medical POLST form to the vulnerable patient.
House Bill Status
- HB5048 was filed in the Illinois House on January 26, 2022 by Representative Anna Moeller (D) of the 43rd District.
- The bill was referred to the Rules Committee on January 27, 2022.
- The bill was assigned to the Health Care Licenses Committee on February 9, 2022. A meeting is set for this committee to discuss this bill on Wednesday, February 16th at 10:00 am.