What: Planning Meeting to continue the work started at the September 24 Strategy meeting, to establish a structure for ongoing work, and to identify next steps in the areas listed below.
Who: All Christians who are interested in being part of one of the following groups are urged to attend:
- Work with area churches to educate congregation members about life issues and encourage them to become involved in the work on behalf of life.
- Foster prayer on behalf of life in different settings.
- Support a sidewalk presence at abortion facilities through prayerful witness and sidewalk counselors.
- Support pregnancy centers, especially Pregnancy Matters.
- Educate the public about life issues in Illinois.
- Influence local and state government to protect life.
When: Saturday, November 5 from 9:00 a.m. to Noon.
Murdale Baptist Church
2701 West Main Street
Carbondale, IL 62901
Questions? Email – Siprolife@vision2020il.org
The Southern Illinois Pro-Life Alliance is a group of Christians who have joined together to work on behalf of God’s gift of life in response to the abortion facilities that have come to Carbondale. The Alliance works together to achieve three goals. The first is to save babies from death, and mothers from the trauma of abortion, as we work towards the ultimate goal of ending abortion in Illinois. The second, is to support mothers who choose life and their babies. The third, is to speak the comforting word of God’s love and forgiveness in Jesus Christ to all who have participated in abortion.